Tearful reunions as Australia reopens international borders for first time in pandemic – video

Sydney airport has been a scene of tearful reunions, with Australians able to fly home and walk straight out of the airport for the first time in 583 days. As fully vaccinated passengers on the first flights from Singapore and Los Angeles walked into the arrivals terminal shortly after 6am, they were greeted by family members. In many cases, they had been separated for years – since before the pandemic began. ‘It’s a little bit scary and exciting,' traveller Ethan Carter said. ‘I’ve come home to see my mum 'cause she's not well. So it's all anxious and excitement and I love her heaps and I can't wait to see her’

Continue reading...

Coronavirus | The Guardian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In spite of Omicron, Britain’s schools must remain open | Devi Sridhar

It’s good Biden is suspending vaccine patents. But the whole rotten system needs overhaul | David Adler and Mamka Anyona

The pandemic is a warning: we must take care of the earth, our only home | Bruno Latour