When lockdown is over, I’ll remember who – and how – I chose to love as I tried to survive it | Van Badham

I feel like I’m living in a re-enactment of Cold Mountain, but the mountain’s been swapped out for a suburban LGA. And yet I’m among the lucky ones

It’s been 16 weeks since I found myself trapped in Sydney, just in time for the coronavirus lockdown. It’s 16 weeks since I last saw my partner.

As we parted, there wasn’t too much of the Casablanca about our farewell at Wagga Wagga train station – no hats, no mist, not even the soundtrack throb of a string section. There was just business with luggage, a cuddle and the shared hope that Sydney’s lockdown would be over in a few days and we’d be reunited.

Continue reading...

Coronavirus | The Guardian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vaccine hesitant New Yorkers consider leaving the city as mandates take effect

Brentford manager calls for weekend shutdown in Premier League Covid fight

Coronavirus live news: AstraZeneca reports vaccine shortfall to EU; Sydney hotel quarantine worker tests positive