As Australian I’m lucky that I got my first jab. I’m confounded why luck had to come into it | Van Badham

Is Australia really in the grip of ‘vaccine hesitancy’, or is the national affliction ‘government vaccine failure’?

I got my coronavirus vaccine last week. I celebrated at a favourite burger joint, slurping a milkshake as big as my head and dancing around the table to Daft Punk, even as news broke that an outbreak in my home state of Victoria foreshadowed another lockdown. Even as my needled arm began to gently throb.

Missing a childhood measles vaccine almost killed me; it’s now unlikely coronavirus will have that chance. I woke up the next day with a warned-of hazy brain, a little nausea and a strong feeling I may need to gnaw my aching arm from a bear trap. Mostly, however, I felt relieved – as if the one decision I made to try my luck with eligibility, book an appointment and hop to the pop-up clinic at my local Mercure has negated a lifetime of more – ahem – questionable self-care choices.

Continue reading...

Coronavirus | The Guardian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vaccine hesitant New Yorkers consider leaving the city as mandates take effect

Brentford manager calls for weekend shutdown in Premier League Covid fight

Coronavirus live news: AstraZeneca reports vaccine shortfall to EU; Sydney hotel quarantine worker tests positive