'It was special, difficult, perfect': holidaying with parents after a Covid year | Koraly Dimitriadis

Koraly Dimitriadis had never countenanced the idea of holidaying with her parents as an adult, but Covid has cast a new light on family

I haven’t holidayed with my parents since I was 18. Vacationing with my parents, as an adult, has never been at the top of my to-do list. But that’s what I did this summer: I took a trip with my sisters, all of our children and my parents. All eleven of us.

Before Covid, I was just like any other child of migrants who found their parents annoying, overbearing and controlling. But when Covid came along, it changed everything. My parents changed. I changed.

Continue reading...

Coronavirus | The Guardian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vaccine hesitant New Yorkers consider leaving the city as mandates take effect

Brentford manager calls for weekend shutdown in Premier League Covid fight

Coronavirus live news: AstraZeneca reports vaccine shortfall to EU; Sydney hotel quarantine worker tests positive